Protein balls are the easiest high protein snack to make at home – literally all you need is a few minutes, a few ingredients and a food processor. These are a great addition to any high protein diet but are especially great for curbing cravings when you are trying to improve your diet and cut out snacks or junk foods, as they still taste sweet and chocolaty. They're also really useful for an energy boost during a busy day!
- 2 cups of Dates
- 1 cup of Macadamias
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp of Protein Powder
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Sometimes you may need to add extra coconut oil if the mix looks to dry.
- Line a tray with baking paper
- When the mixture is smooth, take small clumps out of the bowl and roll them in the palm of your hand until they're a little ball.
- Roll each ball in the covering of your choosing - this could be shredded coconut, cacao nibs, sesame seeds etc
- Put in the fridge to store